Requirements for students entering the Data Science Graduate Certificate Program at Truman State University include:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution (or international equivalent)
- 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA (or demonstrate sufficient professional experience)
- Two prerequisite courses (students with workplace experience in statistics or programming may request a waiver of the prerequisites):
- CS 170 Intro to Computer Science* (or equivalent)
- STAT 190 Basic Statistics* (or equivalent)
- For International Applicants: The language of instruction at Truman State University is English. With some exceptions, international applicants must submit language proficiency scores (Minimums: TOEFL iBT 79, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Truman State’s institutional code for the TOEFL examination is 6483.)
Applicants are encouraged to submit a copy of undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts. Students may not enroll beyond their second course without providing an official transcript. Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Assessment of student qualifications is at the discretion of the Dean of the School of Science and Mathematics.
*Need to take the prerequisite courses? We can help. Truman offers these courses ONLINE during our Summer Session.
To be prepared for Truman’s Data Science Graduate Certificate Program, you will need to have taken Intro to Computer Science and Basic Statistics or their equivalents. Many universities require one or both of these courses, and you may have had them as part of your undergraduate program. If you need to take one or both of these prerequisite courses, Truman offers these courses online during our Summer Session. If you need to take these courses at other times of the year, please contact us — we may have alternatives to help you.
For students who plan to take Intro to Computer Science or Basic Statistics at Truman, undergraduate rates apply.