Data Science at Truman State University
Aside from being a great job opportunity, working in Data Science is a highly rewarding career. Data scientists explore complex questions raised by ubiquitous bits of information shared in our everyday interactions with technology, commercial organizations, and each other. More than ever before, business leaders, scientists, government officials, social scientists, and even sports enthusiasts, are leveraging the actionable insights they gain from the work of data scientists.
More than number crunchers, data scientists draw conclusions that can change the course of a company, improve the way we teach, make a more efficient rocket, or lead to life-saving medical interventions.
Two pathways to a credential in Data Science
Master of Science in Data Science and Analytic Storytelling
- Complete an additional 15 credits (beyond the Graduate Certificate) to earn a master’s degree.
- Gain important analytic storytelling skills.
- Become a master of concise data representation.
Data Science Graduate Certificate
- Complete five courses that introduce you to the essential skills of the Data Science field.
- Complete a project designed around your work interests under the guidance of a Truman faculty mentor.
Request more information
You can pursue the graduate certificate only. Or you can earn the certificate then apply to complete the master’s degree which allows you to communicate your advanced skill set to employers before completing the master’s degree.
Individual courses (3 credits)
Graduate certificate total cost
Master of arts degree total cost
projected job growth
Tuition rates are subject to change based on annual adjustments by Truman’s Board of Governors. The program minimizes the use of extra textbooks and software and aims to rely on open educational resources and open source software wherever possible.